Many of our clients are surprised to hear that aluminium frames with double glazed windows can rival uPVC in terms of energy efficiency. This particular product is also arguably more attractive than other alternatives. Here is some interesting information about aluminium that you may not know.
- Aluminium is extremely strong; it is used for many building products and is incredibly popular within the construction sector
- It is predicted that in the most trying of environments that aluminium can last for more than a century
- Once requested uPVC frames are often now being replaced by the popularity of aluminium frames
- Aluminium has no limit to the times that it can be recycled
- It has insulating properties which are important when considering its applications within your home
We offer a full supply and fit service for all of our bifold doors. All of our products are of the highest-available quality. Bifold doors, when fitted correctly, should slide with minimal force. Even despite their weight, quality parts ensure that this is possible.
Bifold doors are an incredible way of bringing the outside in and helping exterior space to become more functional. Their careful design has mean that optimum light is pulled in with full height and full width glazing.
It is an important element to remind you that over the years, the overall quality of this product has risen. This includes their draughtproofing, which some people worry about when considering Bifolds. Aluminium doors are expertly designed and engineered for their high performance and energy efficiency.
Here’s a top tip when thinking about bifold door design: if you wish to have a one of your doors act as a conventional opening door (rather than opening the entire system), you will need to select an odd number of leaves.
Have you got more questions about installing bifold doors? Call us today on 01606 786368.